The Association of the Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), holding the highest formal consultative status with UNESCO. Its primary purpose is to be the main platform for interaction and collaboration between members, and to be the effective voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific region.
AUAP organizes regular conferences and workshops for higher education leaders and institutions in the Asia-Pacific region to discuss important issues and the challenges facing higher education today. AUAP promotes and helps enhance mutually beneficial cooperation among educational institutions, and is dedicated to render such services to its member institutions.
• To promote a culture of quality, innovation and research in the higher education sectors in the Asia and the Pacific region.
• To preserve and enhance the values and cultural diversity of Asia and the Pacific towards better understanding and cooperation for socio-economic development and (universal) peace.
• To engage with stakeholders of the higher educations and other organizations to further the objectives of AUAP.
• To maintain a platform for interaction and collaboration among members, and be the voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific region.
• To promote universal peace and international understanding through education.